Thursday, January 8, 2015

WHAT IS JUNK?????

When most people think of JUNK they think of something that no one would want. And they are right! I see JUNK as something someone didn't want. Sometimes the item will end up in a landfill and SOMETIMES the items end up in a Thrift/Second Hand Store, Auction, or it finds its way to some other means to be reused and recycled where it gets another chance at being used and loved.

This blog is dedicated to all things JUNK. I spend a lot of time searching for junk. I search for certain as well as random things. The things I specifically search for are VHS (horror, action, and trash movies mainly), TOYS, VIDEO GAMES, MUSIC (cd, vinyl, cassette), and CLOTHING. That's not to say that I don't often stumble upon OTHER items that I find I need to buy.

BUT DO I REALLY NEED IT? Of course not! These items are not life and death. They are not necessity. They are not food, water, or toilet paper. Then why do I spend so much time searching and so much $$$ buying them? The answer is very simple:

IT MAKES ME HAPPY

Many of the items I buy are items I remember from the past. Most are from my childhood. Others are unique items that I want to have or wear to set myself apart from everyone else in society who are buying all their new/current/and same goods. Junk is unique. Most items are not easily found. it takes effort to sift through things until you find what you are looking for. Often it takes YEARS to find that ONE very special item you have been searching and searching for. I find it satisfying to find stuff for friends and family... esp stuff I don't have much interest in (like Pittsburgh Steelers stuff for my Steeler fan friends!)

Junk is fun. Junk is wonderful. Junk is addictive. I will be posting stuff about many different types of junk here. If you want to follow me on Instagram my name is JUNK.WORLD

Much more coming son!

No comments:

Post a Comment