Sunday, January 11, 2015

OUTCAST MENTALITY AND JUNK

All my life I have been different. I have been drawn to things that are "weird" or thought stuff no one else liked or cared about was cool and didn't really care what anyone thought about me. I was an OUTCAST. I was someone that I felt didn't fit into society and was someone no one wanted. That's why my forearms read "OUTCAST MENTALITY", something I have learned in life makes me a unique person and is not necessarily a negative thing.

I see JUNK as stuff no one wanted. Items that were discarded. Clothes and fashions ppl felt were out-dated or they no longer had use for. Toys and video games someone got bored with or "outgrew" and got rid of or packed away in the corner of the basement or attic. Records and music they thought were dated or no longer liked. All this stuff ends up on the shelves or racks of the Thrift Store, auction, or whatever other second-hand type outlet it may have ended up at.

I think to myself that its possible that I feel a connection with these items. I feel that they are "Outcasts" like myself. They are just looking for a second chance, for someone to accept them (ever see Toy Story 3??). Maybe I'm looking into this too deeply and I'm just nuts? Either is possible! Whatever the reason I feel most of us have a reason we are drawn to certain things in life. I have enjoyed searching for and resurrecting these items someone didn't want for a good portion of my life.

WHATEVER reason YOU have for thrifting or buying vintage/unique stuff may be different. That's what makes Junk so fascinating, fun, and timeless!

No comments:

Post a Comment